If you use GoDaddy for your web hosting needs, here is a good news. You can buy a single hosting account and point many domain names to single hosting account. This way, you save a lot of money which you would have otherwise invested in buying separate hosting space for every domain. The steps to point multiple domain names to single GoDaddy hosting space / account are…
- Open domain manager of “Source Domain Account”
- Click on “Nameservers” button.
- Click on “Nameservers -> Set Nameservers”
- Set the nameservers of destination hosting account’s “Primary Domain DNS”. You can know the name servers of Primary Domain DNS from Whois Registry.
- Click on “Manage” link of “Total DNS/MX” on domain manager of “Source Domain Account”
- Edit “A-record” of source account and enter destination hosting account’s IP address.
- Create a folder on destination hosting account (The source domain will point to this folder)
- Launch hosting manager of destination hosting account
- Click on “Manage Site Domains” button / link. Then click on “Add Domain” button.
- You will be asked an option to enter domain name and corresponding folder. Map source domain name with “\folder” on destination hosting account.
You are done !!!
Contact us if you need any further help.